Red & White Gas Carts, 4A.EQ100
Lecture Halls - Rooms 2103 & 2241 (and 2223 upon request)
There are currently 3 "identical" Red-White Gas carts and they are free to be moved around. These cart constant outputs for both compressed air and methane gas. Two of the carts are usually stationed within 2103 and the other one is stationed within room 2241. Each cart as two sets of outputs for both air and gas. The top two plates are for small table top items such as a Meeker burner or a low presser air line for some demo and contain two sets of 90o ball-valves with hose barbs like those found at a lab station. The lower two plates contain a 3/8" quick disconnect for items that require a higher flow rate, such as an air track or air table or and large burner. Each plate has it own shut off valve and a pressure gauge.
Important Setup Notes:
The input gas line has a 3/8" "red" Hexagonal Quick Disconnect
The input air line has a 3/8" standard Quick Disconnect (just larger).
Both input hoses are on 8 foot hose reels'
Setup and Procedure:
- Position the Red-White gas cart under one of the lecture tables. There are 3 rack table, can support 3 carts of this size, and a smaller table or called 2 rack tables that can support only 2 carts of this size.
- Once positioned, lock the front wheels.
- Pull out enough hose from either reel such that you can rout the hose into the utility trench via one of the trap doors.
- Connect the air hose to the air supply line and the gas hose to the gas supply line. They "Can not" be connected the other way. The disconnect wont allow it.
- Using an air hose, attach the the device needing air/gas to the correct nozzle on the cart. The red panel is methane gas. The white panel is the compressed air.
Cautions, Warnings, or Safety Concerns:
Methane gas is extremely flammable!